Winter 2010 - 2011 Favourite Products

Posted by dublek on Monday, March 21, 2011

Hey all! Today sees the start of a season where days should be brighter and nature dresses up her colourful coat again with all the little flowers blooming again! Winter is my least favourite season as I really really hate feeling cold and staying in due to the rain and strong winds.  Having said that, I don't mind a mug of hot chocolate and some snuggling on the sofa with a good dvd and a warm blanket :)  Anyways, here are the products I have been enjoying during winter:

Skin Care


My skin has changed a lot this last winter and has shifted to being drier.  In fact, I have switched to a cream cleanser instead of a gel cleanser and I'm now using Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Lotion. I have also been using Lycia Make-Up Remover wipes to take off my make-up after a night out. To combat chilblains and keep my hands soft and supple, I have been using La Roche Posay Lipikar Xerand Hand Repair Cream and I some times used this as my moisturizer when my face needed a bit more moisture.  For my lips, I have been using Vaseline and The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Passionberry.  For the rest of my body, there have been no changes as I still kept using my usual body lotions.

Make-up


Last December, I bought my first ever facial primer from Inglot (Under Make-Up Base) and have seen the benefits ever since! It makes my make-up last much longer and also help keep my skin smooth and I have been less prone to the odd occasional blemishes ever since I started using it.  With regards foundation, I have been enjoying my NYX HD Foundation which is a dream to apply and lasts all night.  During the day, I have been favouring the elf Tinted Moisturizer a lot and since it contains SPF15, I know my skin is always in check!  I have also been loving the elf Studio Blush in Candid Coral as it reminds me so much of spring and summer so I have been enjoying that quite a lot lately.  Another product I have introduced to my make-up routine last season is the NYX Concealer in a Jar in CJ12 Green which is the perfect green concealer to counteract redness in my opinion.  

As for eye make-up, there haven't been any drastic changes really except that I have been enjoying the elf Everyday Brights 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette and some Face Candy Couture Mineral Eyeshadows as well my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  Other bases that I really like using are the elf Duo Eyeshadow Creams in Black Licorice and Eggplant.

For my lips, I have been liking neutral shades like elf Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Tan as well as Maybelline Water Shine Lipstick in 02 Beige Glace paired with Napoleon Perdis Protege Lip Gloss and Primark Beauty Light Pink Lip gloss respectively.


Nail Polishes

My favourite nail polishes for the past season have been elf Cranberry and Metal Madness, Golden Rose Prestige no.71 and Eugene Perma deep plum.


What were your favourite products for last season ladies? Do we have anything in common? Anything you would like to suggest?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment