Review: e.l.f. Zit Zapper

Posted by dublek on Friday, March 18, 2011

I know many other bloggers and YouTubers have already reviewed this product but I still wanted to give my two cents on it.

The elf Zit Zapper has been a very much awaited product on the elf UK website so much so that as I went to place my order, I remember it being out of stock so I got it in a later order a few months back.

It comes in a blister pack as shown and the tube contains 6ml of clear product.  I really like how the tube feels actually... it feels like frosted glass, except that it is made of plastic.  What I don't like about the packaging is the roller-ball applicator that greets you as soon as you twist off the cap; as it not hygienic at all.  A zit is literally an infection so you do not want to transfer the bacteria into the product and to the other places you use it, causing even worse inflammation of your zits.  What I do is I either apply the product with a q-tip (and I only use one side of the q-tip once to avoid contaminating the product) and when I'm out, I always make sure to sanitize may hands before putting a little product on my finger and dabbing it on the spot.

Now, on to the zit-zapping action of the product... some people have complained about the product stinging as soon as they apply it but I have never experienced any whatsoever.  What I suggest is that you do not pop the zit prior to applying the product  to avoid transferring the infection to other spots on your face and also avoid having an open wound which is why the product probably stings.

With regards smell, this Zit Zapper smells like tea tree oil which is one of the main ingredients along with Witch Hazel and Salicylic acid, all three of which are known to help combat pimples and zits.  However, I cannot say that this product zaps zits immediately on applying but it does dry out the spot and help diminish it gradually along with the redness.  Now please bear in mind that I only get occasional zits every now and then so I don't know how it would perform on acne skin but on the website it says that it helps prevent and fight acne as well.  I have noticed that when I use this product alone, my zits go away in 3 - 4 days instead of the usual week or so.  However, I like to pair it with my La Roche Posay Targeted Breakout Corrector and e.l.f. Mineral Blemish Kit before going to sleep to help shrink the zit quicker.  When it comes to minimizing pore size, I cannot really say I have seen any difference as I do not have visible pores so I cannot really comment on that.

Overall, I like this product as I have seen results with it and it is a great value for money product at a mere £1.50/€1.70.  You can get your Zit Zapper from the elf cosmetics website by clicking here.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment