Review: NYX Concealer in a Jar in CJ12 Green

Posted by dublek on Thursday, March 24, 2011

Here's a review on a product I have only recently introduced to my make-up routine, the NYX Concealer in a Jar in CJ12 Green.

I bought mine on ebay for €5.18 and I think it was a good deal. It only took around a week and a half or so for the order to arrive and the jar was nicely packed in bubble wrap and the envelope was also marked as fragile so proper handling was ensured.  So much so, that the concealer arrived in one whole piece all the way from the US.

Let's have a look at the actual packaging of the product:


The concealer comes supplied in a small transparent glass jar that holds 7g of product and a black twist-off plastic cap.

You will need to find a good concealer brush to apply this product with as it doesn't come with one of its own.  The texture is really creamy and you do not have to tug at your skin to transfer the product as it glides on smoothly, enabling very good blending on your part.  I was actually very surprised at the creaminess of this concealer the first time I used it!

Why the odd colour choice you may ask? I was looking for some good coverage green concealer for ages to conceal and neutralize redness I get from occasional spots and blemishes.  Although in the picture above, it looks whitish, the actual colour is a very nice minty green.  Don't worry about your skin looking like Shrek's though as when blended, you can hardly tell where you have applied it! This concealer also carries a nice scent which I cannot really describe but I like sniffing at lol.  It does not linger on your skin though so it's nothing major.


Swatch of concealer: top, unblended; bottom, blended out

This concealer provides medium to high coverage and therefore does an excellent job at neutralizing the redness.  Despite being so creamy, I never had to touch-it up as it stays on for a good number of hours and does not crease at all.

The Concealer in a Jar range consists of 13 concealers out of which 9 are the usual skin-tinged shades to complement a variety of skin tones as well as the green one, a lavender one, a yellow one and the newly added orange shade.

I would recommend this concealer to anyone looking for a good coverage concealer to hide their blemishes as I'm sure they will be satisfied with the results as much as I am! 

You can get your NYX Concealer in a Jar from the NYX website, ebay or even check Cherry Culture :)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment